Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Amazing Cure of Reflexology

I once had a friend who was really good at Reflexology. After a wild night of partying, I complained to him of a throbbing headache because I just had too much to drink. My friend took my hand and made a bet that he will make my headache go away in just 2 two minutes without having to take any medicine. I called his bet and he did the funniest thing with my hand. He opened my palm, looked for a pressure point beneath my thumb and gave it a strong pinch with his fingers. The pain from it sent a jolt throughout my body but after a minute or so, my headache went away.

I was impressed with the display of his skill. He said he learned this and more by taking a correspondence course on Reflexology from the website of Lifestyle Learning Direct.com. He took the online course while he worked as a DJ in a disco during the night. He completed the course in just 12 weeks and this resulted to a certification. During his days off from work, he works on the side as a Reflexologist and caters to the special requests from friends and acquaintances.

He continues to practice what he learned from his Reflexology course with every new client. He claims that you have to learn the right pressure points of the body that connects with the other parts of the body's system. There are certain ailments that can be cured (like my nasty headache) by applying the right force and at the right places of the body.

What is interesting is that most of these pressure points can be found on the foot! He told me that some endocrine systems that malfunction can be corrected by knowing the right parts of the foot to massage and apply pressure to.

No comments:

Post a Comment