Sunday, February 12, 2012

Why I Took An Online Professional Editing and Proofreading Course

I took a career shift and decided to pursue my long time dream of being a writer. I used to work as as freelance insurance agent when I stumbled upon some online writing jobs that I worked on during my free time. I enjoyed it so much that I decided to work as a writer full time and let go of my sales position with a prestigious insurance company.

Shifting careers into being a writer is not an easy task. The passion is there but I encountered some stumbling blocks like errors in my grammar and spelling. My editor would return my work with comments like to check my work for errors like such and I feel so embarrassed. At my age, there are times I still could not spell some commonly used words right!

To improve my writing skills, I decided to take an online Professional Editing and Proofreading course. I found the course thru an online search and fortunately I found one being offered by Lifestyle Learning Direct.

The Professional Editing and Professional course  is a correspondence course so I had the luxury of taking the lessons at home. I took the courses during my rest periods between writing projects. These courses helped me a lot. I learned how to write and express myself even better.

I also discovered that with my sharpened skills, I am able to accept other kinds of writing jobs. I can now do other writing jobs like proofreading legal documents for legal secretaries, working with the computer to create web pages and write its content, and from time to time write company profiles.

I'm very happy I shifted to being a writer. I own my own time and I have the liberty of choosing the writing jobs that I want. I believe that being able to pursue your real passion is the measure of true success.

No comments:

Post a Comment