Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Benefits You Get from A Professional Editing and ProofreadingAdvanced Online Course

Writing a book has always been one of my wildest dreams. It is number one on my bucket list. When the inspiration finally hit me, I decided to write about a book dedicated to cats.

It's very challenging to write a book. First of all, I have so many ideas and stories to write about cats that I didn't know where to start. Should I write a fiction story about one of my cats and create characters in the story that revolve around that cat? Or should I write something more of a documentary? Something more on the informative and educational side?

Being a first time book writer, I had to consult a seasoned editor to help me with my task. My editor advised me to take a Professional Editing and Proofreading Advanced online course. I thought she found my initial notes awful and disorganized, so I felt downhearted. But when I took the course, I actually appreciated her advice.

In the Professional Editing and Proofreading Advanced online course, there was a module there for Non-Fiction editing. It did help me go in the right direction when I decided to write about the proper care of cats. I had to do extensive research and that involved a lot of actual facts. So I had to incorporate a lot of charts and graphs to make the presentation of my facts more professional and credible. I decided to incorporate a lot of cat pictures in my book and it was really a learning experience on how to make the layout of every page.

My book was finished after more than a year and I'd say I am proud of my work. I give credit to my editor for being so patient with me and with the help of the course that she recommended I have improved my writing techniques tremendously.

To know more about distance education and adult courses which you can take from home, visit Lifestyle Learning Direct today!

1 comment:

  1. The possible opinions have lead down students towards better prospects and surely for the future these would either proved to be much better for them. agriculture essay

    ReplyDelete